Monday, November 16, 2009

Honey how I love you so...

Let me start from the beginning...

The past week or so (starting around after halloween) I have been fighting with a bit of depression. I have been having trouble doing things I usually like doing like blogging, working on my car, and my poor camera just sits on my desk taunting me. This of course is not as bad as not being able to do things I don't like to do...like school. Its been a cycle of .."oh I can't do this" so I don't, then get a bad grade, and that fuels more of the "oh I can't do this" feelings.

So yea...that and just not feeling well. I am sure its caused by a combination of things like school stress, money issues, hormones and what not. But I am going head on to try to combat some of these issues.

First is staying in good company. As tempting as it seems right now just to stay in from the cold and read in my bed, I am trying to stay active as possible and keep talking to people (esp how I feel and stuffs). T-cat has actually been pretty helpful. He is the kind of go-getter guy I need. My car has been stressing me out for a while, but he has helped with some of that. He got me to sit down and order a new radiator and today is going to help clean my car. So that helps a little.

Another is catching up on schoolwork. This is the hardest part and I am having mega-difficulties on this. I did spend about an hour at school last week to catch up in my computer class. My english class is lacking still....so thats on my to-do list.

The last ditch effort is to start over. Atleast diet wise that is. I am officially starting my honey diet today. I am a true believer about your body and mind being connected and whatnot. Poor diet is proven to be correlated with depression and mood related issues. The past week my diet has been so wonky I can't even tell you what I have eaten...its been more of "I am hungry, that looks decent enough to eat, so I will consume lots of it"..which is horrible. I even swooped down to eating a little debbie cake last week *hides from boos* Yea I know...that bad.

So the honey diet is a short detox program. Its last three days and is not meant for weight loss, but more to cleanse your system. You are supposed to drink tea sweetened only by raw honey and to snack only on raw honey. *Raw honey has live enzymes, vitamins, and most importantly antioxidants and bacteria-killing-healing agents in it. All in all its really good for you. The tea part I think is more because raw honey is extremely sweet and I can't see anyone eating more than a few spoonfuls by it self and not getting a little queasy. Altho as you probably know green and white tea has lots of antioxidants too, so it can't hurt. Basically during the three days I will be giving my body a little break from trying to have to digest bad food and junk and to revamp itself with good vitamins and minerals while destroying the left over junk in my body.

Hopefully this will help make me feel a little better through my body. Something close to taking a long shower have a hard day at work..except on my inside lol. I got all my honey info at http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-nutrition.html and man I never knew honey was so cool...even if it is bee spit :x

*Raw honey is not the amber looking stuff in the plastic bears. It has a wax color to it because its unfiltered, unprocessed and importantly unheated. That makes sure that no enzymes are killed or filtered out. You are eating what a bear would eat if he broke open a hive. For these three days I got a 14oz jar from our local natural foods co-op for about 8 dollars.

So thats my plan to stop being so down. Its almost 12 now and I am hungry and tired (I am also not allowing myself to sleep past 9:30 either). But hopefully by the end of the week I will be feeling better. I am going to go take a shower and get ready for school. Lunch will be chai red tea with honey. :)

Wish me luck on this little self expedition!

No comments:

Post a Comment