Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Okay....so I finally killed the beast that was guarding Blogger.......

Yeaaa. That is my excu...*cough* I mean reason. There was this horrendous beast with claws and fangs that tried to attack me every single time I tried to log on to Blogger. Its true. I mean the blood dripping from its razor sharp teeth deter me a little.

BUT! I finally slayed it. So no fear, Techno Ninja saved the day!

(So so so so sorry I haven't posted in awhile!)

Alright so there is plenty to talk about. One being I am sorta kinda ish dating this guy. I totally wasn't going to date him. But I am (I think) lol. Let me explain a little more so that confuzzled look you have may leave your face :)

So I met this guy on myspace. When I say met I mean I added him as a friend after I checked over his profile for the usual creeper redflags*. His name is ....we will call him T-cat. Everyone calls him that (no they don't).

SO I added him. Then like maybe two weeks later he texted me. (mind you we had has no other moment of talking to each other and now three weeks later I am so confuzzled ....

.....
Wait why the crap am I telling you about my boring sorta kinda maybe dating life????? I know why you are here and what I need to give you--BUTTERFLIES!! I promised you updates like a freaking month ago and I have just kept putting them off. NO MORE tho. Here they are with wonderful commentary from biologist wannabe me (I will get back to him another day if I am still sorta ish with him lol):
~~~~~~~~~~~
So as you know we started out with this:
DSC01742
What a cutie :3 This little bugger and its sibling nommed nommed and nommed some more on milkweed leaves for about a week and a half.
And this is what I found:
DSC01867
The one getting darker is the one that was already in its crystalist when I got the caterpillars. Its gets darker when they change from a piller to a butter.
And it slowly got darker as the days went by and when I say darker, I mean more clear:
DSC01875
DSC01880
DSC01894
By this point I sit my bum down with the camera and wait. Annnyyy hour its going come out. Well of course I get all distracted and I miss the darn thing popping out, but I got the second after:
DSC01911
At this point it has to let its wings fill with blood and drop to its full length
DSC01925
Here is the moment it dropped its back wings. I was waiting for it to start pumping them so I could see the gender:
DSC01932
See if there is two little dots on the inside of the wings then its a male:
DSC01961
We have a boy!!
Then I released it when it started fluttering around
DSC01966
~~~
The other two my mom let go before I got pictures or saw the genders. Since they were changed so late, hopefully they will be part of the group of monarchs that migrate to mexico. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment