Wednesday, August 5, 2009

College Bound!!

So I am officially un-officially registered for my classes at Virginia Western Community College! Oh I am so happy. All I need to do is pay and I will be officially registered *squee*

I go to work this morning, then head over to VWCC with my mom. (She had to go since I am under 18 and she had to sign stuff for me). First I have to take my placement test. Fun fun right? It wasn't too bad though. I zipped through the english and reading (I less then 3 english tests) and then hit the math.

And I mean hit hard.

Holy haloed cows it was hard. Most of it was percentage work. Ugh! So half I had forgotten how to do. The other half was horrible since all we could work with was a simple computer calculator.

Lol. Alright fun times here: I am taking the math and hit the square root section. Fuck. I totally didn't memorize my square roots last year! I had always used the calculator. So I am thinking. "Mannnnn, this sucks! Stupid simple calculator!" and cursing everytime 75 etc. came up. Wellllll luck has it, near the end of the test I see this tiny button in the corner next to the divison sign that says "SQRT" ...What the hell is that?....No...It can't be...Damn it....It is....Its the fucking square root button.

I mean really? And the old-timers get after the young'ens for using stuff like brb and ttyl. SQRT? How was my test-stressed brain supposed to register that as the square root button? At first glance I think "Squirt? Squart? what?....anyways...

So I get 99 on reading, 90 on English, 80 on pre-algebra, 50 on algebra (x.x thx SQRT!) and 59 on college algebra. I was told by several people there that my reading and english were excellant ^.^ I was like dhuh! (ok not really...I just blushed and said thanks!)

So time to register for classes.
We go from TLC to chapman hall and wait. Then go into counseling and wait. Then go to admissions and then the financial center. Find out my FASFA didn't go thru! Got that taken (sorta) care of.

And that brings me here. Back at home. I am planning taking my Memaw to VWCC to pay soon. I can't do it tomorrow cuz I gotta work. And that ends this post because I gots nothing else to write ^.^ Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment